Good morning. Top local stories and what we’re watching this Tuesday:
– Catherine Greig, the longtime companion of James “Whitey” Bulger, is due to be sentenced today for helping the reputed mobster elude authorities for 16 years.
– The funeral service for Charlene Holmes, a 16-year-old who was fatally shot in Cambridge last week, is this morning. [FOX-TV]
– A state report finds that welfare fraud has cost Massachusetts nearly $3 million over the past 11 months. [Boston Herald]
– Future taxes, fees and fare hikes could be in the works for the MBTA’s proposed Green Line extension into Medford and Somerville. [State House News Service, via Wicked Local]
– Boston plans to give State Street Corp. $11.5 million in tax breaks to build an 11-story office on the South Boston Waterfront. [Boston Globe]
– Middleborough approved a number of fines aimed at curbing civil misconduct, including a $20 fine for public profanity.
– The wandering black bear’s Cape Cod tour has ended.
– The Red Sox lost to the Marlins in Florida.