BOSTON — Shark attack victim Christopher Myers has been released from a Boston hospital and will return home to Denver next week with a cast on one leg and bandages on the other.
Fifty-year-old Myers was attacked Monday by what is believed to be a great white shark while he and his 16-year-old son J.J. were swimming about 400 yards offshore in Truro.
Myers says he would not have swum as far from shore if he had known about the recent shark sightings off Cape Cod or if warning signs had been posted at the beach.
He has four puncture wounds on each lower leg and has had surgery to repair torn tendons.
J.J. says there was only one option after his father was bitten: “swim, swim toward shore.”