Select Coverage: Aaron Hernandez
- 1/16/14: Hernandez Eyed As Possible Gunman In 2012 Boston Double Slaying
- 9/6/13: A Not Guilty Plea On Murder Indictment
- 7/24/13: Belichick Breaks Silence On Hernandez
- 7/6/13: Fans Exchange Hernandez Jerseys
- 7/3/13: Hernandez Was No Stranger To Violence
- 7/2/13: 2012 Killings Are Linked To Hernandez
- 6/27/13: Texts, Video Are Cited In Charges
- 6/26/13: Aaron Hernandez Is Charged With Odin Lloyd’s Murder; Patriots Release Him
FALL RIVER, Mass. — An attorney for a so-called “right-hand man” of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez wants more detail from Massachusetts prosecutors about the accessory to murder charge he faces.
Ernest Wallace’s lawyers filed the request Monday in Fall River Superior Court ahead of a brief hearing.
Wallace has pleaded not guilty to accessory to murder after the fact and is being held on $500,000 cash bail. Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-professional football player.
Prosecutors say Wallace and associate Carlos Ortiz were with Hernandez and Lloyd on the June night Lloyd was killed. They say Wallace fled to Florida after the killing.
The defense wants more specifics on how Wallace’s alleged actions helped Hernandez.
The prosecution’s response is due Jan 9.