BOSTON The Massachusetts Gaming Commission is expected to release its decision Monday on whether MGM Resorts is suitable to apply for a casino license in Springfield. The suitability of Steve Wynn’s proposal in Everett is expected later this week.
Commission Chairman Steven Crosby joined WBUR’s Morning Edition to discuss where things stand in what has been a tumultuous year for the state’s fledgling casino market.
Select Coverage: Mass. Casinos:
- Google Map: See All The Casino Proposals
- 12/10/13: New Vote Ordered For Proposed Revere Casino
- 12/2/13: Patrick Sues To Block Vineyard Casino
- 11/26/13: Recount Confirms Defeat Of Palmer Proposal
- 11/25/13: Votes Leave Casino Industry In Limbo
- 11/19/13: Milford Votes Down Foxwoods’ Plan
- 11/15/13: New Tribal Casino Compact Is Signed
- 7/16/13: Springfield Voters OK MGM Agreement
- 6/23/13: Voters In Everett Approve Wynn Deal