The Associated Press

Gov. Patrick Says ‘Maybe’ To Higher Office

BOSTON — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is leaving the door open to a possible presidential bid.

Gov. Deval Patrick speaks during a WBUR interview at the State House earlier this month. (Jesse Costa/WBUR)

Gov. Deval Patrick speaks during a WBUR interview at the State House earlier this month. (Jesse Costa/WBUR)

The Democrat has said in the past that he plans to enter the private sector when his second term as governor ends next January.

But when asked by Politico.com while attending the National Governors Association conference in Washington on Sunday whether he could see himself at some point making a White House bid he said “Maybe.”

He has already ruled out a run in 2016.

Patrick said he would make any decision about his political future with his wife, Diane. He says he plans to take a break when he leaves office but would eventually “like to have another opportunity to serve.”

Please follow our community rules when engaging in comment discussion on wbur.org.
Most Popular