The Associated Press

3 Hurt In Explosion In Tewksbury Home

TEWKSBURY, Mass. — Authorities say two men and a woman were flown to Boston hospitals with serious burns after an explosion and fire inside a Tewksbury home.

Fire Chief Michael Hazel says the explosion that blew out windows reported at about 9:15 p.m. Tuesday may have been caused by a buildup of vapors from butane used in a marijuana THC extraction process.

He said Wednesday the process was being performed near an electric stove and the vapors came into contact with an ignition source.

A number of full and empty butane cylinders were found at the scene.

Police are looking for two people who may have fled the home just before the explosion.

Chief Timothy Sheehan tells The Sun the victims had burns to their head, hands and face.

Hazel estimated damage at $200,000.

Please follow our community rules when engaging in comment discussion on wbur.org.
Most Popular