Executive Advisory Council
Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council. The 2014-2015 meeting schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, October 22, 2014, at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, February 4, 2015, at 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, May 20, 2014, at 8:30 a.m.
Because seating is limited, names will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis. To have your name included on the attendance list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 353-1197.
The WBUR Executive Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations, while representing the different voices and faces of our community.
Candidates for the EAC are recommended by Charlie Kravetz, the general manager of WBUR, and Peter Fiedler, EAC chair and vice president for administrative services at Boston University. All candidates are approved by Boston University President Robert A. Brown before serving. Two EAC members, Elaine Kirshenbaum and Carla Meyer, also serve on the Boston University Board of Trustees.
The Executive Advisory Council meets three times a year.
Members of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council:
- Peter Fiedler, Chair, Vice President for Administrative Services, Boston University
- Elizabeth Callanan, Director of Philanthropy, Whitehead Institute
- Tiziana Dearing, Associate Professor of Macro Practice, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership Inc.
- Elaine B. Kirshenbaum, Vice President of Policy, Planning and Member Services, Massachusetts Medical Society
- Kathryn Lasky, Author
- Mary Jo Meisner, Vice President for Communications, Community Relations and Public Affairs, The Boston Foundation
- Georgianna Meléndez, Executive Director, Commonwealth Compact
- Joseph Mercurio, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Quincy College
- Carla E. Meyer, Social Worker and former lecturer in the School of Social Work at Boston University
- Arthur S. Obermayer, The Obermayer Foundation
- William J. Poorvu, Professor Emeritus in Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Micho Spring, Chairperson, U.S. Corporate Practice and Weber Shandwick–New England, Weber Shandwick
- Bill Walczak, Vice President of External Relations, Shawmut Design and Construction