Executive Advisory Council
Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council. The next meeting is scheduled for May 15, 2013, and the open session begins at 9 a.m.
Because seating is limited, names will be accepted on a “first come, first served” basis. To have your name included on the attendance list, please send an email to email@example.com or call (617) 353-1197. You will be contacted about seating availability and additional details by May 8.
The WBUR Executive Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations.
The EAC held its first meeting on Dec. 6, 2005, under Paul La Camera, then WBUR’s newly appointed general manager. Since that date, several new members have been appointed to replace original members.
During the appointment process, EAC candidates are recommended by Charlie Kravetz, the general manager of WBUR, and Peter Fiedler, EAC chair and vice president for administrative services at Boston University. All candidates are approved by Boston University President Robert A. Brown before serving. Two EAC members, Elaine Kirshenbaum and Carla Meyer, also serve on the Boston University Board of Trustees.
The Executive Advisory Council meets three times a year.
Members of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council:
- Peter Fiedler, Chair, Vice President for Administrative Services, Boston University
- Elizabeth Callanan, Corporate Relations Manager, Museum of Science
- Tiziana Dearing, Incoming Associate Professor of Macro Practice, Boston College Graduate School of Social Work
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership Inc.
- Elaine B. Kirshenbaum, Vice President of Policy, Planning and Member Services, Massachusetts Medical Society
- Kathryn Lasky, Author
- Mary Jo Meisner, Vice President for Communications, Community Relations and Public Affairs, The Boston Foundation
- Georgianna Meléndez, Executive Director, Commonwealth Compact
- Joseph Mercurio, CEO and Higher Education Business Practices Consultant, TJAC Development
- Carla E. Meyer
- Arthur S. Obermayer, The Obermayer Foundation
- William J. Poorvu, Adjunct Professor in Entrepreneurship, Emeritus, Harvard Business School
- Micho Spring, Chairperson, U.S. Corporate Practice and Weber Shandwick–New England, Weber Shandwick
- Bill Walczak, Vice President of External Relations, Shawmut Design and Construction