Executive Advisory Council
Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council. The 2014-2015 meeting schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, October 22, 2014, at 8:00 a.m.
Wednesday, February 4, 2015, at 8:00 a.m.
Seating is limited and is on a “first come, first served” basis. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
call (617) 353-1197.
The WBUR Executive Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations, while representing the different voices and faces of our community.
Candidates for the EAC are recommended by Charlie Kravetz, the general manager of WBUR, and Peter Fiedler, EAC chair and vice president for administrative services at Boston University. All candidates are approved by Boston University President Robert A. Brown before serving. One EAC member, Carla Meyer, also serves on the Boston University Board of Trustees.
The Executive Advisory Council meets two to three times a year.
Members of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council:
- Peter Fiedler, Chair, Vice President for Administrative Services, Boston University
- Elizabeth Callanan, Director of Philanthropy, Whitehead Institute
- Tiziana Dearing, Associate Professor, Macro Chair, Co-Director Center for Social Innovation, Boston College School of Social Work
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership, Inc.
- Kathryn Lasky, Author
- Mary Jo Meisner, Vice President for Communications, Community Relations and Public Affairs, The Boston Foundation
- Georgianna Meléndez, Executive Director, Commonwealth Compact, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- Joseph Mercurio, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Quincy College
- Carla E. Meyer, Social Worker and former lecturer in the School of Social Work at Boston University
- Oswald Mondejar, Senior Vice President of Mission and Advocacy, Partners Continuing Care
- Arthur S. Obermayer, President, The Obermayer Foundation
- William J. Poorvu, Professor Emeritus in Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Micho Spring, Chair, Global Corporate Practice and President, Weber Shandwick/New England
- Bill Walczak, President, Codman Academy