Here & Now Digital Internship
[NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2014]
Overview: Interns serve as a link between Here & Now’s national two-hour show and content published on hereandnow.org.
As a hereandnow.org intern you will:
- Edit materials for hereandnow.org integrating text, still images and video content as well as links to relevant resources/past coverage.
- Build out on-air interviews by adding additional quotes/background to create a more complete web story.
- Gain experience learning how Here & Now uses social media like Twitter and Facebook.
- Learn aspects of visual storytelling with photo editing, packaging.
- Additionally, interns may be asked to post story elements on Tumblr.
Educational Benefits: Intern will gain hands-on web production experience – including copyediting, headline and tease writing, exposure to SEO practices, HTML and more. This internship also allows for those qualified to explore other aspects of online news production like social media production, photography and videography.
Experience: Send us your resume, two writing samples and a short cover letter describing your web production and multimedia skills and experience. Please also provide links to your website and Twitter handle if you have them. Have you had previous newsroom or internship experience, or worked with Photoshop and WordPress? Let us know.
Time Commitment: We are looking for either one full-time intern working Monday – Friday, or two part-time interns, working two or three days a week. The hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
***Please indicate that you are applying for the hereandnow.org digital internship in your email subject line.