Here & Now Digital Internship
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2015
Overview: Interns get hands-on experience as digital and social media producers for an NPR show heard by 3.7 million listeners per week on 400 stations across the country. Here & Now is a live two-hour show produced at WBUR in Boston. This internship can be done for college credit.
As a Here & Now Digital intern you will:
- Edit materials for hereandnow.org, integrating text, still images and video content, as well as links to relevant resources/past coverage.
- Build out on-air interviews by adding additional quotes/background to create a more complete web story.
- Post on social media, including Here & Now’s Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Learn aspects of visual storytelling with photo editing, packaging.
- Additionally, interns may be asked to create new social media accounts for Here & Now and work on special projects.
Educational Benefits: Intern will gain hands-on social media and web production experience – including copyediting, headline and tease writing, exposure to SEO practices, HTML and more. This internship also allows for those interested to explore other aspects of online news production like photography and videography.
Experience: Send us your resume and a cover letter describing your experience in journalism, web production, multimedia and any other relevant skills. Please also provide links to writing samples, website and Twitter handle if you have them.
Time Commitment: We are looking to hire two interns who can commit to working either two or three days per week, e.g. Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. The hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
***Please indicate that you are applying for the Here & Now Digital Internship in your email subject line.