Fair or Foul?
That's the question today after a key accounting rule change yesterday. Under the new rule, financial companies are allowed to record something other than fair market value for some of their assets. Financial firms lobbied for the change. We'll speak with The Washington Post's Binyamin Appelbaum.
Online Gambling Addiction
We revisit a conversation we had with entertainment reporter Martha Frankel about her memoir "Hats and Eyeglasses". Though Martha grew up around gambling, and played in a weekly poker game with friends, it was only when she started playing online poker that her hobby became an addiction.
As Ponzi scheme mastermind Bernard Madoff awaits sentencing, more lawsuits are being filed against him. Massachusetts regulators and the Town of Fairfield, Connecticut, which lost millions in Madoff-invested pension fund money, are now taking their cases to court. We speak with Wall Street Journal reporter Tom Lauricella.
Only A Game's Bill Littlefield join us as March Madness spills into April.
- Also, after our recent conversation about handwriting, we received a letter from listener Mitchell A. Markovitz. Click the image to view the entire letter.
Neko Case on her New Album
Indie sensation, Neko Case, is out with her 6th solo release. It's called "Middle Cyclone"; in it Case uses extreme weather events, mistreated predators, and pianos she got for free on Craig's List to construct songs about life and love.
Music from the show
- Fugazi, "Sweet-n-Low"
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra, "Madrid"
- Funk Brothers, "You Keep Me Hanging On"
- The Benevento, "Sunny's Song"
- Talking Heads, "This Must Be the Place"
- Led Zeppelin, "Fool in the Rain"
- John Williams, "Revenge of the Sith"
- Neko Case, "Middle Cyclone"
- Neko Case, "The Pharaohs"
- Neko Case, "This Tornado Loves You"
- Neko Case, "People Got a Lotta Nerve"
- Harry Nilsson, "Don't Forget Me"
- Neko Case, "Marais La Nuit"
- Neko Case, "I'm an Animal"
Support the news
Support the news