Questions about Mammograms
New recommendations that mammograms aren't necessary for women under 50 and that all women should forego self exams altogether are raising a lot of questions. For answers we turn to Dr. Tim Johnson, Medical Editor for ABC news and a frequent contributor to Here and Now.
Black TV Goes Online
Many African American producers are launching their shows on-line, after finding it tough to get Hollywood behind their projects. Several websites, including one backed by stars like Will Smith and Denzel Washington, are launching to provide a forum for the web series. We talk to Aaliyah Williams, one of the producer of "Buppies," a web series about Black Yuppies and Aymar Jean Christian, who studies web series at the Annenberg School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Visit the website Rowdy Orbit
Sarah Palin Back on Tour
Can Parents Become Toxic?
Is there a time when parents can be so harmful to adult kids that that relationship should be severed? We speak with Dr. Richard Friedman, who says yes. He's Professor of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medical School.
Remembering Johnny Mercer
Music from the show
- The Lickets, "Meat City"
- Christian McBride, "Theme for Kareem"
- Freddie Hubbard, "Little Sunflower"
- Peter Dixon, "Nagog Woods"
- Fred Hirsch, "Desafinado"
- Radiohead, "In Limbo"
- Marcus Roberts, "The Truth Is Spoken Here"
- Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini, “Days of Wine and Roses”, performed by Pat Martino
- Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen, “One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)”, performed by Frank Sinatra
- Johnny Mercer and Doris Tauber, “Drinking Again”, performed by Dinah Washington and The Jeff Beck Group, Aretha Franklin and Frank Sinatra
- Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini, “One for My Baby (And One More for the Road)”, performed Jean-Michel Pilc
This program aired on November 17, 2009.
Support the news
Support the news