Support the news
Vermont Public Radio has been exploring the heroin problem in Vermont, and today we take a closer look at recovery. Treatment that leads to recovery rarely involves a quick fix. As VPR’s Lynne McCrea reports, overcoming addiction is a "life change." She has this profile of one woman’s path to recovery.
- Lynne McCrea, producer and reporter at Vermont Public Radio.
This segment aired on February 5, 2016.
- The Deadliest Opioid Of Them All – Fentanyl
- Heroin Claims Two Sons In One Massachusetts Family
- Race, Class And The Response To Today’s Heroin Epidemic
- A Town Where Police Try To Help, Not Arrest, Heroin Addicts
- 91 Percent Of People Who Overdose On Opioids Are Able To Get Another Prescription
- Doctor: Prescription Painkillers Kill More People Than Heroin