Support the news
"To the people on the corporate side, it's the notion of spending their money as if it's your own money," Hurwitz said. "In terms of the artists' side, it's respecting their art and their craft."
Music From The Segment
- Buena Vista Social Club, “Chan Chan”
- Emmylou Harris, “Red Dirt Girl”
- Henryk Gorecki, Symphony No. 3
- Steve Reich, “Different Trains”
- John Adams, Nixon in China
- Pat Metheny, “Cherish”
- Audra McDonald, “Stars & The Moon”
- Adam Guettel’s “How Glory Goes” from his musical “Floyd Collins”
- Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, singing Bach’s “Ich Habe Genug”
This segment aired on December 19, 2016.