Support the news
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) recently announced the winners of its 2017 regional Edward R. Murrow Awards. WBUR is the proud recipient of 10 regional awards, more than any other large-market radio station in the country. The awards celebrate WBUR’s diverse, groundbreaking programming on breaking news, investigative journalism and feature reporting. The full list of honored news stories includes:
- Large Market Radio Station: Breaking News Coverage - Cambridge 10-Alarm Fire Coverage
- Large Market Radio Station: Excellence in Innovation - The Magic Pill
- Large Market Radio Station: Excellence in Sound - What It Takes To Keep The City's Street Pianos In Tune
- Large Market Radio Station: Excellence in Video - Reasonable Doubts: Reopening The Darrell 'Diamond' Jones Case - The Trial
- Large Market Radio Station: Feature Reporting - New Hip-Hop Archive Is A Time Machine Back To The Electrifying Early Days Of Boston Rap
- Large Market Radio Station: Hard News - From Whispers Of Anti-Semitism To The Interests Of Israel, Boston Jews React To Trump's Win
- Large Market Radio Station: Investigative Reporting - Concerns About Cancer-Causing Asbestos Rise Amid Renovation Boom
- Large Market Radio Station: News Series - Reasonable Doubts: Reopening The Darrell 'Diamond' Jones Case - The Trial
- Large Market Radio Station: Sports Reporting - How A Phone Call Helped Turn An Olympic Letdown Into A World Record
- Large Market Radio Station: Website - WBUR Best Website Submission
The Edward R. Murrow Awards recognize the highest quality broadcast journalism produced by regional, national and international radio, television and digital news organizations. The honored news stories are seen by the RTDNA as conduits for increased knowledge and facilitators of public discussion.
According to the official announcement from RTDNA, "WBUR in Boston topped the Large Market Radio division, winning 10 regional Murrow Awards this year, including breaking news, investigative reporting and feature reporting. WLRN in Miami won 9 and KERA in Dallas won 8."
As a regional award winner, WBUR will advance to the national Edward R. Murrow Awards competition in May 2017.
Support the news