Members of the public are welcome to attend the open meetings of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council. The 2017-2018 meeting schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, October 25, 2017, at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, February 27, 2018, at 8:30 a.m.
Tuesday, May 1, 2018, at 8:30 a.m.
Seating is limited and is on a "first come, first served" basis. If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com or call (617) 353-1197.
The WBUR Executive Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of Boston-area community and business leaders dedicated to supporting and advancing the mission of WBUR and its affiliated stations, while representing the different voices and faces of our community.
Candidates for the EAC are recommended by Charlie Kravetz, the general manager of WBUR, and Peter Fiedler, EAC chair and vice president for administrative services at Boston University. All candidates are approved by Boston University President Robert A. Brown before serving. Two EAC members, Carol Fulp and Carla Meyer, also serve on the Boston University Board of Trustees.
The Executive Advisory Council meets two to three times a year.
Members of the WBUR Executive Advisory Council:
- Peter Fiedler, Chair, Vice President for Administrative Services, Boston University
- Dr. Beverly A. Brown, Director of Development, Industry, Boston University School of Public Health
- Elizabeth Callanan, Director of Philanthropy, Whitehead Institute
- Ania Camargo, Director, Case Associates
- Tiziana Dearing, Associate Professor, Macro Chair, Co-Director Center for Social Innovation, Boston College School of Social Work
- Carol Fulp, President and CEO, The Partnership, Inc.
- David Gasson, Vice President and Director of Corporate Communications, Boston Capital Corporation
- Nigel Jacob, Co-Chair, Mayor's Office of New Urban Mechanics
- Meghan Verena Joyce, Regional General Manager, Uber East Coast
- Allison Kroner, Community Development Director, b.good
- Kathryn Lasky, Author
- Travis McCready, President & CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Mary Jo Meisner, Vice President for Communications, Community Relations and Public Affairs, The Boston Foundation
- Joseph Mercurio, Vice President for Administration and Finance, Quincy College
- Carla E. Meyer, Social Worker and former lecturer in the School of Social Work at Boston University
- Dr. Myechia Minter-Jordan, President & CEO, The Dimock Center
- Oswald Mondejar, Senior Vice President of Mission and Advocacy, Partners Continuing Care
- William J. Poorvu, Professor Emeritus in Entrepreneurship, Harvard Business School
- Risa Sherman, Manager, Philanthropy & Cause Marketing, The Boston Beer Company
- Bill Walczak, President & CEO, South End Community Health Center