Support the news

Father Of Missing Boy Confesses, Police Skeptical

Police and prosecutors say they're skeptical of a confession by the Lynn father of a missing five-year-old boy. He says he killed the boy three months ago.

Ernesto Gonzales told the Boston Globe from jail yesterday that he killed his son Giovanni after the boy misbehaved, then dismembered the body and threw it in various trash bins around Lynn.

Officials say there is no physical evidence to back up the claim.

Gonzales is being held on a child endangerment charge, but so far does not face any murder charges.

This program aired on November 27, 2008. The audio for this program is not available.

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news