Support the news

Worcester Man Denies Assault During Poker Game

A Worcester man charged with playing a role in a home invasion during a private poker game in which two of the players were shot has denied the charges.

Travis Davis was held on $10,000 bail after pleading not guilty Wednesday in Worcester Superior Court to charges including home invasion, armed robbery while masked, and multiple counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Prosecutors say three masked intruders, two with guns, forced their way into a city apartment at about 3:45 a.m. Sept. 22, demanded money, assaulted the poker players and shot two. They survived.

The poker game's host said he knew the 25-year-old Davis, who had been at the game earlier.

The Telegram & Gazette reports that Davis' lawyer said his client "adamantly denies the allegations."

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news