Americans have tended to save more and spend less in the years since the economic downturn in 2008. But according to a survey from BankRate.com, only 54 percent of Americans have more emergency savings than credit card debt.
Related NPR Stories:
- Read The Bankrate.com survey
- Latinos Lagging On Retirement Savings, Says Pew
- Fed May Need To Find New Tricks Up Its Sleeve
- Young Adults Can Keep It Simple: Start Saving
- Working Hard To Save For Retirement? Work Harder
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.