The story of Adam and Eve is a primary belief for many Christians. Some scholars argue research on the human genome shows that modern humans did not descend from the Biblical couple, and that Christianity must reconcile modern science and religious beliefs. Originally broadcast September 22, 2011.
- Read Daniel Harlow's Piece, "After Adam: Reading Genesis In An Age Of Evolutionary Science" (pdf)
- Read Albert Mohler's Blog Post, "False Start? The Controversy Over Adam and Eve Heats Up"
- Evangelicals Question The Existence Of Adam And Eve
- The 5 Best Movies On Science And Religion
- Can Science Explain Religion?
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.