Living with an overweight parent, child or spouse can be difficult. Loved ones who want to help a family member struggling with obesity may be hesitant to broach the subject for fear of causing shame or making matters worse.
Related NPR Stories:
- Read Dawn Lerman's New York Times Column "Fat Dad"
- The Latest Science On Fat And Fitness
- At School, Overweight Children Carry A Heavy Burden
- Exercise And Eat Well: How Doctors Dole Out Advice
- First Lady: Nation's Health 'Starts With Our Kids'
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.