John Brennan, the CIA director nominee, faces questions about the use of drone strikes and torture during his confirmation hearings. In particular, questions will focus on how the U.S. justifies targeted killings in countries where we're not engaged in warfare.
Related NPR Stories:
- Saikrishna Prakash's New York Times Piece 'When An American Is The Enemy'
- Ned Resnikoff's MSNBC.com Piece 'The War On Terror Is the Problem, Not Drones'
- Mary Ellen O'Connell's New York Times Piece 'The Questions Brennan Can't Dodge'
- Obama's Pick For CIA Chief To Face Senate Scrutiny
- John Brennan Delivers Speech On Drone Ethics
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.