Last year, thousands of pets died after eating canned pet food tainted with a chemical used for household cleaning. A federal grand jury in Kansas City has indicted three companies for their roles in producing and distributing the tainted pet food.
Frank Morris reports from member station KCUR.
Related NPR Stories:
- China Tries PR to Answer Product-Safety Fears
- Consumers Sue over Tainted Pet Food from China
- FDA Finds More Contamination in Animal Feed
- FDA Broadens Probe of Tainted Pet Food
- Congress Explores Recent Fatal Pet Food Cases
- After Pet Food Scare, Could Homemade be a Help?
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.