A discussion on fractal expressionism, where cutting-edge physics meets 20th century painting. Geometry, nature and the paintings of Jackson Pollock all come together.
Richard P. Taylor, Professor, Physics, University of Canterbury, New Zealand; Associate Professor, Physics, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Ivars Peterson's MathTrek
- 'Discover' on Pollock's Fractals
- Fractal Analysis in 'Nature'
- Lee Krasner Exhibit
- Jackson Pollock Treasure Found
- Dispute Grows over Authenticity of 32 'Pollocks'
Copyright NPR. View this article on npr.org.