Proponents of the city's updated curfew, requiring all kids under 14 to be home by 9 p.m., say it keeps children safe. Critics believe the strict curfew promotes negative interactions with police.
The town, which includes some 20,000 Shiite Turkmen, has been under surrounded for two months by Sunni Islamic State fighters.
A YouTube video shows a large group of men occupying a building that the U.S. ambassador to Libya says appears to be the embassy's residential annex.
The widow of a pilot who died in a jet crash said members of his wing unit planted 40 rose bushes in her yard, carrying out his promise to mark her birthday.
Networks like the Discovery Channel have been criticized for pushing entertainment at the cost of science, with fake "documentaries" about everything from mermaids to mythical monster sharks.
- Mass. Health Wonks, Start Your Engines! Contest To Guess Rise In Costs
- Hidden Price Of That Succulent Lobster: Health Woes Of Stoic Lobstermen
- Cheap, Low-Tech Devices Help Paralyzed Patients ‘Speak Their Minds’
- Democratic AG Candidates Question Whether Partners Deal Will Cut Costs
- Project Louise: Entering The Home Stretch, Time To Press ‘Pause’
- 5 Questions With Institute For Creative Educational Leadership Founder Linda Nathan
- More Than Daycare: A Preschool in Jamaica Plain Aims for Empowerment
- School Committee Roundup: New School In Pentucket
- School Committee Roundup: Transportation Woes In Attleboro, Elementary School To Reopen In Braintree
- Week Ahead: Scheduled Events In Education