Support the news

Encore Casino President Steps Down

Wynn Boston Harbor President Robert DeSalvio addresses an audience during a news conference at the construction site of the Wynn Boston Harbor resort casino complex, in Aug. 2016. (Steven Senne/AP)
Wynn Boston Harbor President Robert DeSalvio addresses an audience during a news conference at the construction site of the Wynn Boston Harbor resort casino complex, in Aug. 2016. (Steven Senne/AP)

The president of Encore Boston Harbor, who led the casino through its development and first four opening months, is stepping down, Wynn Resorts announced Wednesday.

Robert DeSalvio spent five years at the helm, and will be replaced by the casino's former hotel food and beverage manager head Brian Gullbrants, the company said in a statement.

“Bob DeSalvio’s ability to partner with community leaders and elected officials, assemble a world-class team and lead them to produce and launch a project of the highest quality is remarkable," Wynn Resorts CEO Matt Maddox said in the statement. "His unique talent to both manage a complicated construction process while listening to the needs of key stakeholders was essential to our success."

Gullbrants previously led the 2008 opening of the hotel at Encore Las Vegas, the statement said.

Wynn Resorts also announced plans to hire two new executives. Pending regulatory approval, Jenny Holaday will become Encore's executive vice president of operations, and Eric Kraus will be senior vice president of communications and public affairs, the company said in its statement.

The $2.6 billion casino opened in Everett in June, pulling in more than $48.57 million in gaming revenue in its first month.

Related:

Laney Ruckstuhl Twitter Digital Producer
Laney Ruckstuhl is a freelance digital producer.

More…

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news