Support the news

Officials: N.H. Residents Previously Suspected Of Having Coronavirus Have Tested Negative

New Hampshire health officials say two people they were monitoring for signs of coronavirus have tested negative for the disease.

The patients, who had recently traveled to Wuhan, China — the epicenter of the infectious disease outbreak — have recovered, state health officials said in a statement Thursday.

"We are pleased the patients are doing well," Gov. Chris Sununu said in the statement. "It is important to note that the state of N.H. followed all CDC guidance in assessing these potential cases and had a plan in place to stop the potential spread of this virus. Our state remains vigilant in monitoring any potential cases and are well prepared for any future potential incidents."

Officials say no one in the state has yet tested positive for the disease, and that risk to the community remains low. The total number of cases in the U.S. remains at five, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Related:

Laney Ruckstuhl Twitter Digital Producer
Laney Ruckstuhl is a freelance digital producer.

More…

+Join the discussion
TwitterfacebookEmail

Support the news