Investigation Begins Into Connecticut Gas Explosion
Federal officials begin their investigation today into yesterday's gas explosion that killed at least five people. We get the latest from Craig Lemoult, reporter with public radio, WSHU in Connecticut.
Sifting Through New Credit Card Rules
Credit card companies are making final changes before new regulations that tamp down on abusive practices take effect February 22nd. We speak with Chicago Tribune personal finance columnist, Gail MarksJarvis, who says Americans should read their mail carefully and look out for new fees and interest rate hikes. If customers aren't happy with changes, Gail recommends shopping around at bankrate.com, credit.com, and fatwallet.com.
Alaskan Village Sues Oil Companies Over Climate Change
Do Calories Count?
Can Aerosmith Exist Without Steven Tyler?
Rumors are circulating that the rock band Aerosmith will is considering replacing lead singer Steven Tyler.We talk with Here and Now pop culture critic Renee Graham about Aerosmith's tribulations and other attempts by bands to replace their lead singers.
Music From The Show
- Air, "Mike Mils"
- Paul Simon, "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"
- Charles Mingus, "Boogie Stop Shuffle"
- Fred Hersch, "Desafinado"
- The Lickets, "Meat City"
- Ridrigo and Gabriela, "Logos"
- Aerosmith “Dude Looks Like a Lady”
- Aersosmith “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing”
- Sammy Hagar “I Can’t Drive 55”
- Van Halen “Jump”
- Van Halen “Why Can’t this Be Love”
- Journey “Lights” (with Steve Perry)
- Journey “Lights” (with Arnel Pineda)
- INXS “Need You Tonight”
- INXS “Pretty Vegas”
- AC/DC “Highway to Hell”
- AC/DC “Back in Black”
- Aerosmith “Walk this Way (Live)”
This program aired on February 8, 2010.
Support the news
Support the news