Egypt's VP announced today that President Hosni Mubarak is stepping down and the military will take control of Egypt. Celebratory chants rang through Egypt's Tahrir Square.
Google Executive, and opposition activist Wael Ghonim had this to say: "Welcome back Egypt. They told us you died, but hundreds of thousands of us went to the street at the beginning to search for you, and in 20 days we became 20 million 'til we found you." We touch down in Cairo and Washington.
- Wael Ghonim, Google executive and opposition activist
- Mahmoud Salem, the blogger known as sandmonkey
- Rami Khouri, visiting fellow at the Fares Center at Tufts University and editor-at-large of The Daily Star newspaper in Lebanon
- Jeffrey Fleishman, in Cairo, for the Los Angeles Times
- Peter Nicholas, White House Correspondent for the Los Angeles Times
This program aired on February 11, 2011.