Rick Perry couldn't remember the third federal department he would cut. Mitt Romney was embarrassed by making a $10,000 bet during a debate. Newt Gingrich said Palestinians were terrorists and Ron Paul said he's worried the groundwork is being laid for war with Iran. Those are just a few of the memorable moments from the 16 Republican debates so far. And who can forget Herman Cain, who delivered some memorable moments while he was a candidate.
Most Memorable GOP Debate Moments
1. ) Herman Cain got CNN debate host Wolf Blitzer's name wrong.
4. ) Rick Santorum said he would repeal President Barack Obama's health care reform plan.
5. ) Ron Paul said any of the GOP candidates could beat President Obama. The question is what do each of the candidates have to offer?
6. ) Mitt Romney made a $10,000 bet with Rick Perry over Romney's Massachusetts health care overhaul.
7. ) Newt Gingrich called the Palestinians "terrorists."
8. ) John Huntsman and Mitt Romney sparred over U.S. troop levels in Afghanistan. Huntsman says "didn't you just hear what I said."
9. ) Cain defended his 9-9-9 plan.
10. ) Michele Bachman and Rick Santorum blasted Cain's 9-9-9 plan.
11. ) Newt Gingrich's controversial stance on immigration.
12. ) Mitt Romney highlighted his private sector business experience.
13. ) Ron Paul worried about a possible rush to war against Iran. Michele Bachman blasts him for not being worried about Iran's nuclear capabilities.
14.) Rick Perry said he would cut three federal departments but can't remember what the third department is.
15.) Newt Gingrich defended his work for Freddie Mac. But Michele Bachman defends her criticism by saying that PolitiFact found that everything she said was true, which PolitiFact later denied saying.
This segment aired on December 27, 2011.