A recent Washington Post opinion piece picks at what the author calls "Five myths about Barack Obama."
Bloomberg View columnist Jonathan Alter writes in the Washington Post that:
Barack Obama’s rise in politics was so rapid, and his background so unusual, that he was immediately subjected to malicious myths — from the bogus story that he was raised Muslim to the lie that he wasn’t born in the United States.
Alter says there are five genuine misconceptions about the presidency:
- That Obama is a socialist
- That he's a tool of Wall Street
- That he's an effective public speaker
- That his stimulus package failed
- That he's a weak leader
- Jonathan Alter, columnist for Bloomberg View, author of "The Promise: President Obama, Year One"
This segment aired on January 26, 2012.