A report released Thursday concludes that Joe Paterno and other officials at Penn State "concealed critical facts" about Jerry Sandusky's child abuse in order to prevent bad publicity.
“This is the most damning piece of work that I have ever seen in covering anything," Chronicle of Higher Education reporter Brad Wolverton told Here & Now's Robin Young.
The report is the result of an 8-month internal investigation at Penn State.
- Freeh Report: The Freeh Report On PSU
- The Free Report: Press Release Of Report
- PennLive.com: Complete Coverage Of Freeh Report On Penn State
- Chronicle of Higher Ed: New Report Said To Justify Paterno Firing
- Chronicle: Investigators Find 'Total Disregard For Safety' Of Child
- Chronicle: The Culture At Penn State
- Chronicle: A Guide To The Penn State Investigation
- Penn Staters For Responsible Stewardship
- Brad Wolverton, senior writer for the Chronicle of Higher Education. He Tweets @bradwolverton
This segment aired on July 12, 2012.