What Will Jeff Bezos Do For The Washington Post?Play
Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos has bought The Washington Post with $250 million of his own money.
Bezos is reportedly an avid reader of newspapers on the Amazon Kindle.
Tech industry analysts call Bezos "the premier disruptor" of markets, from retail business to publishing.
So what does he bring to the table for The Washington Post, and will that help chart a new direction for the struggling news paper industry?
- Ken Doctor, news industry analyst. He writes for the Nieman Journalism Lab and runs the website newsonomics.com. He's author of "Newsonomics: Twelve New Trends That Will Shape the News You Get."
- Neiman Journalism Lab: Newsonomics of Jeff Bezos Buying the Washington Post
- Nieman Journalism Lab: Newsonomics of John Henry buying The Boston Globe
- CJR: Bezos, The Washington Post, and billionaires buying the press
- CJR: Sports-industrial complex rampages into news business
This segment aired on August 6, 2013.