DJ Sessions: The Story Behind Chicago HousePlay
The music genre known as "house" has deep roots in Chicago, where it is said to have evolved from the declining popularity of disco.
House music thrives today, as new technologies allow more producers to get into the game.
- "Waiting on My Angel" written by Jamie Principle, produced by Frankie Knuckles
- "Million Dollar Bill" by Whitney Houston, remixed by Frankie Knuckles
- "Jazzy Groove" by Craig Loftis, also known as "Grand High Priest"
- "The Cure and the Cause" by Fish Go Deep, featuring Tracey K, produced by Dennis Ferrer
- "Color Track" by Adam Rios
- "Hiya Kaya" by Kentphonik
- "Lost Tribes of Ibadan" by Kerri Chandler
- Charles Matlock, a house DJ in Chicago who teaches a class at Columbia College Chicago about how to DJ in clubs.
This segment aired on October 3, 2013.