DJ Sessions: Albums Worth The Whole ListenPlay
For the latest installment of Here & Now DJ Sessions, Jeremy Hobson sits down with KCRW DJ Anne Litt, who is going against the grain of Pandora playlists that tick through single songs from an array of artists.
She says some of her favorite new artists are making albums that are worth listening to in their entirety — the way people used to listen.
Anne Litt's List Of Albums Worth The Whole Listen
- White Denim, "Corsicana Lemonade"
- Electric Peanut Butter Company, "The Trans-Atlantic Psych Classics Vol. 2"
- Anna Calvi, "One Breath"
- Cate LeBon, "Mug Museum"
- Wooden Shjips, "West"
Songs Heard In This Segment
- White Denim, "At Night In Dreams"
- Anna Calvi, "Eliza"
- Wooden Shjips, "These Shadows" (off the forthcoming album "Back to Land")
- Electric Peanut Butter Company, "The Rain"
- Cate LeBon, "I Think I Knew (feat. Perfume Genius)"
- Anne Litt, hosts weekend music programming from noon to 3pm on KCRW and is the station's former director of music development. She tweets @anne_litt.
This segment aired on October 24, 2013.