Football season is underway, and the NFL has rolled out a new campaign to deal with concussions. The league says it will spend more than $100 million to improve helmet safety and fund medical research.
Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson speaks with sports analyst Mike Pesca about the NFL's efforts to address head injuries.
This segment aired on September 15, 2016.
- Sports With Littlefield: The NFL's $100 Million Player Safety Initiative
- Top NFL Official Admits Link Between Football And CTE
- What's Next In The NFL's Legal Battle Over Concussions
- New Film Puts Spotlight On Concussions
- Taking Tackling Out Of College Football
- College Football Players Disqualified By Concussions Are Recruited Back
- Fish Oil Ingredient May Help Protect Against Concussions
- NHL Commissioner Denies Connection Between Concussions And CTE