This summer one of the largest birds in North America suddenly showed up in Washington state's Puget Sound.
Squadrons of white pelicans have set area birders atwitter. They’re trying to figure out where the birds came from and what their arrival means.
While this rare sighting has been fun for bird watchers, Katie Campbell from Here & Now contributor Earthfix reports on why it may not be a good thing for the pelicans.
This segment aired on September 28, 2016.
- Climate Change Upends Ecosystems From Pole To Pole
- Sage Grouse Will Not Get Endangered Status
- Giant Pandas Removed From Endangered List, Drawing Criticism From China
- National Parks Tour: Everglades, Home To Alligators, Birds And Panthers
- Water Level At Lake Mead, The Country's Largest Reservoir, Is At Historic Low