Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? Here & Now resident chef Kathy Gunst has you covered. Here's her quick-and-easy roasted salmon recipe, which uses just eight ingredients. Check back next week for another simple recipe. You can also find more of Kathy's recipes and segments from the show here.
This is a simple, healthy take on roasted salmon.
A salmon filet is cut into small serving pieces, rubbed with miso paste, fresh ginger, chives, lemon juice and soy sauce and roasted in a hot oven. Serve with steamed white or brown rice and lemon wedges. Serves 2-4.
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso or any type of miso
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger*
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives or finely chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon, pits removed
*Peel ginger with a vegetable peeler and grate on a microplane or the smallest knobs of a cheese grater.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread oil in a large ovenproof skillet, gratin dish or small baking sheet with edges.
- Cut salmon into four equal portions and place in the skillet or dish, skin side down.
- Using your hands or the back of a kitchen spoon, rub the miso on each piece of the salmon and sprinkle on the grated ginger. Add pepper and chopped chives.
- Roast on the middle shelf for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour the soy sauce and lemon juice on top. Continue roasting for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and broil for 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, tender in the middle, seems to flake easily and the top is golden brown.
- Remove and serve with lemon wedges.
Support the news
Support the news