Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton both took personal digs at each other last night at the Al Smith charity dinner in New York. But Trump drew loud boos for remarks that at times sounded more like his usual campaign speeches than the event's traditional self-deprecating jokes.
Journalists Enrique Acevedo and Jon Ralston join Here & Now's Robin Young and Lisa Mullins to discuss the event and the campaign's final stretch.
Enrique Acevedo, anchor and correspondent at Univision. He tweets @Enrique_Acevedo.
This segment aired on October 21, 2016.
- At Al Smith Dinner, Donald Trump Turns Friendly Roast Into 3-Alarm Fire
- Trump, Clinton Clash In Final Debate
- How A Historic Loss Shaped The GOP
- Voters Split At 2 Las Vegas Debate Parties
- Trump Refuses To Say If He'll Accept Election Results
- How Did The Candidates Appeal To Women Voters During The Debate?
- Why Political Ad Spending Is Down This Year