The debate about fake news and its possible influence on the presidential election is particularly heated in Silicon Valley, the home of Facebook, Twitter and Google. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said fake news did not have an effect in the election, but he does want to fight its dissemination.
This segment aired on November 22, 2016.
- Why Fake News Spreads, And How To Stop It
- Deciphering Fact And Fiction On The Web
- From Hate Speech To Fake News: The Content Crisis Facing Mark Zuckerberg
- 'Misinformation' On Facebook: Zuckerberg Lists Ways Of Fighting Fake News
- Mark Zuckerberg Addresses Fake News On Facebook
- Ex-Head Of Twitter News: Social Media Companies Alone Shouldn't Regulate 'Fake News'