President-elect Donald Trump named Wilbur Ross as secretary of commerce and Steven Mnuchin as secretary of treasury.
Trump also took to Twitter to announce that he is working to remove himself from his own business operations in an attempt to diffuse conflict of interest criticisms.
NPR business correspondent John Ydstie joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to talk about Trump’s latest cabinet announcements and his decision to allow his children control his businesses.
This article was originally published on November 30, 2016.
This segment aired on November 30, 2016.
- Trump Picks Steve Mnuchin To Lead Treasury Department
- Trump Taps Billionaire Investor Wilbur Ross For Commerce Secretary
- Trump Says He Will Pull Back From Businesses But Offers No Details Yet
- Romney Changes His Tune On Trump As President-Elect Weighs State Dept. Pick
- President-Elect Trump's Cabinet Picks, Policy Shifts, Foundation Woes