Uber is thinking about the long game.
The ride-hailing company acquired the artificial intelligence (AI) company Geometric Intelligence Monday, and said it will begin a new research arm called Uber AI Labs. Other companies like Google and Facebook have also been making moves to boost their understanding of AI as they look to their future.
This segment aired on December 6, 2016.
- Pittsburgh Mayor On Driverless Cars: 'This Is Where The World Is Going'
- Will Self-Driving Vehicles Make The Roads Safer?
- Killer Robots Could Destroy Humanity (So Let's Stop That From Happening, OK?)
- Scholars Delve Deeper Into The Ethics Of Artificial Intelligence
- Can Artificial Intelligence Do Us In?
- Uber Brings Its Food Delivery Service To More Cities Around The World
- Study Finds Racial Discrimination By Uber, Lyft Drivers
- Uber To Sell Its China Operations To Ride-Hailing Rival Didi