President-elect Donald Trump has selected Terry Branstad, the Republican governor of Iowa, to serve as ambassador to China.
Branstad has a long-standing friendship with Chinese President Xi Jingping, which could help to ease tensions after Trump's controversial phone call to the president of Taiwan.
This segment aired on December 7, 2016.
- Trump And Asia: What Can We Expect?
- Arizona Rep. Matt Salmon Calls Trump 'Pragmatic' On Immigration
- Trump Picks Carson For HUD, Sparks Conflict With China
- Trump Faces Complex International Security Issues
- Republican Leaders In Iowa Show Full Support For Donald Trump
- China Pilot Program Ranking Citizens Based On Shopping Habits, Traffic Violations
- China Announces 6.7 Percent Growth In Economy