After years of covering the migrant and refugee crisis in Europe, and the war-torn countries many of those refugees are fleeing, a group of journalists and photographers decided something was missing: a guidebook for those coming to Europe. So they made one.
The book "Europa: An Illustrated Introduction to Europe for Migrants and Refugees" is written in four languages — English, French, Arabic and Farsi — and it's part history primer, part guide book, part resource list.
Here & Now's Robin Young talks with one of the people behind the project, Belgian-Dutch journalist Lisa De Bode (@lisadebode), who's in Brussels distributing the books.
Photos From The Book
This segment aired on December 12, 2016.
- How One Aid Group Is Helping As The Greek Migrant Crisis Persists
- European Union Pays African States In Attempt To Stem Migration
- More Than One Million Refugees Have Flooded Europe In 2015
- Migrating To Europe? There's An App For That
- You've Been Denied Asylum In Europe. Now What?
- In Less Than A Week, More Than 1,000 People Drowned In The Mediterranean