The civil war in Syria sparked a refugee crisis in Europe, but there are conflicts around the world that force people to leave their homes.
Here & Now's Meghna Chakrabarti speaks with David Miliband (@DMiliband) — head of the International Rescue Committee, one of the world's largest refugee relief organizations — about the current global refugee situation, including both the humanitarian and political concerns.
This segment aired on December 20, 2016.
- New Guidebook 'Europa' Gives Refugees Resource For Navigating Europe
- How One Syrian Family Found A Home In Texas
- How One Aid Group Is Helping As The Greek Migrant Crisis Persists
- You've Been Denied Asylum In Europe. Now What?
- A Syrian Refugee Family Adjusts To Life In Seattle
- Heart-Wrenching Image Of A Syrian Boy Captures The World's Attention