Cities like New York, Oakland and Chicago have declared themselves "sanctuary cities" that won’t cooperate with federal immigration officials. And many mayors say they won't be intimidated by a promise from President Trump to cut federal grants to those communities.
This segment aired on January 26, 2017.
- Despite Trump Actions, Santa Fe Mayor Vows To Remain A Sanctuary City
- Their Loved Ones Were Killed By Undocumented Immigrants, But They're Split On Trump's Rhetoric
- President Trump Signs 2 Executive Orders During DHS Ceremony
- 'A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation': Trump Moves Forward With U.S.-Mexico Wall
- Sanctuary City Laws: What They Do And Don't Support
- Mayor Walsh Vows To Keep Boston A Safe Place For Immigrants Following Trump's Orders