A coalition of consumer and financial groups wants Americans to think more about retirement. The National Retirement Planning Coalition has dubbed this National Retirement Planning Week. According to the Employee Benefit Research Institute, only 60 percent of people in the U.S. are saving for retirement.
Here & Now's Jeremy Hobson goes through some common questions about retirement saving, including how to start, with CBS News' Jill Schlesinger (@jillonmoney), host of "Jill on Money" and the podcast "Better Off."
This segment aired on April 3, 2017.
- Only One-Third Of Americans Put Money Into Workplace Retirement Accounts
- Youu2019re Never Too Young To Start Saving For Retirement
- Half Of American Workers Havenu2019t Saved For Retirement
- A Mother And Daughter With Very Different Retirement Plans
- When It Comes To Retirement, How Does The U.S. Stack Up Against Other Countries?