President Trump's proposed budget raises defense funding and slashes social services like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, better known as food stamps. Critics say the program is overused and abused.
This segment aired on June 1, 2017.
- Trump Wants Families On Food Stamps To Get Jobs. The Majority Already Work
- Trump Budget Deals 'Devastating Blow' To Low-Income Americans, Advocates Say
- Maine Wants To Ban People From Buying Soda And Candy With Food Stamps
- Does Trump's Budget Reverse Campaign Promises?
- Trump's Budget Proposal Slashes Social Spending