Hurricane Harvey's unprecedented rainfall and flooding comes on the 12th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's deluge in New Orleans.
Historian John Barry (@johnmbarry) has served on flood control boards in that area and also wrote "Rising Tide," a book about the massive Mississippi River flood of 1927. Barry joins Here & Now's Robin Young to reflect on those storms and Harvey.
This article was originally published on August 31, 2017.
This segment aired on September 1, 2017.
- 10 Years After Katrina, Is New Orleans Better Protected?
- Seeing The Great Molasses Flood Through The Eyes Of Children
- 'Port Arthur Underwater': New Devastating Flooding Hits Texas
- Houston Congressman On Government's Response To Harvey Destruction
- Lost Pets And Flotillas Of Fire Ants — Harvey's Impact On Animals