In just a few months, the Kansas legislature will gavel in and funding for public schools will be at the top of the agenda. It's a perpetual problem — but this year lawmakers are facing a deadline imposed by the state's Supreme Court, and 2018 is an election year.
This segment aired on October 25, 2017.
- No Easy Path Ahead For School Funding In The Kansas Legislature
- Are Private Schools Worth The Cost?
- School Refusal: When Fear And Anxiety Keep Kids From Going To School
- Why There's A Renewed Push To Privatize Public Education
- Why One Of Indiana's Largest Public School Systems Is Slowly Disappearing
- New Kansas School Funding Formula Removes Barriers To All-Day Kindergarten