Facebook, Google and Twitter appear before Congressional committees Tuesday to testify about Russian influence in the 2016 U.S. election. The companies will be asked how Russian-backed trolls used ads and social media posts to spread disinformation, and are likely to face questions about why it took so long to discover the issue.
This segment aired on October 31, 2017.
- Hearings Target Role Social Media Played In Russian Election Interference
- Facebook's Advertising Tools Complicate Efforts To Stop Russian Interference
- How Russian Propaganda Spreads On Social Media
- Russians Targeted U.S. Racial Divisions Long Before 2016 And Black Lives Matter
- The Next Big Focus In The Russia Investigations: Social Media