The number of U.S. troops killed in action this year is far less than at the height of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But where some of these combat deaths happened tells us something about the current state of the American military.
This segment aired on December 29, 2017.
- These U.S. Troops Were Killed In Combat During Trump’s First Year In Office
- Under Trump, U.S. Troops In War Zones Are On The Rise
- A Timeline — And Questions — About The Niger Firefight That Killed U.S. Troops
- Trump Call Controversy Renews Spotlight On Gold Star Families
- At Least 3 U.S. Soldiers Killed In 'Insider Attack' In Afghanistan
- Yemen Aftermath: Trump's First Military Raid Continues To Raise Questions